Ways to burn more calories in your day
There are many ways to burn extra calories in your day with out breaking a sweat. For many of us a typical day includes sitting at a desk for long periods. With my quick and simple tips you will be able to burn extra calories with minimum effort through your day!
- Wake-up to protein and revamp up your metabolism! This mean that you should never skip breakfast.
- Start eating 5-6 small meals a day. This will get your metabolism going.
- Drink Ice water. Drinking eight ounces of cold water can burn off an additional 9.25 calories as compared to room-temperature water.
- Avoid stress at all cost. We know that stress is a horrible thing and it can be hard on the body. On top of that stress can affect your metabolism.
- Drink coffee and/or green tea. Studies have found that caffeine increases the rate at which you burn calories.
- Sleep more. Getting fewer than four hours of sleep over an extended period of time slows the metabolism. Experts recommend aiming for between seven and nine
- Take the stairs. And when you do take every other step. You can burn an additional 90 calories an hour-than if you climb the stairs one by one.
- Try to park your car at the end of the parking lot. This will force you to walk to and from it.
- Chew Gum. Yes, you actually burn calories as you chew. By chewing gum for several hours a day in between your meals you can burn and average of 175 extra calories per day.
- Take deep breaths through the day. Breathing in more oxygen boosts your metabolism and is great for your mood as well.
- When you walk swing your arms. Turn your walk into a calorie-burning workout by bending your elbows 90 degrees and pumping your arms as you stride. It will help you burn up to 15 percent more calories.
- Workout in shorts and a sleeveless top. If you have fewer clothes your body has to work extra to warm up. Then by using more energy you will and burn more calories.
- Just for fun – Kiss more! One minute of kissing burns 26 calories