Mom and fitness competitor
Mom and fitness competitor
Tammy was tired of feeling like a frumpy mom so she decided to become a fitness competitor. Competing keeps her motivated and it’s a great way for her to stay healthy. For Tammy, family comes first but fitness takes the rest of her time. I am so excited to share with you that she will be stepping on stage in less than a week! I know! How exciting! Tammy has been preparing for several weeks and the time has come to show all of her hard work and discipline on stage. I have no doubt she is going to rock the WBFF Orlando stage. I am so excited for her and the best part is that I am actually attending this show with my clothing line Affitnity. I will be able to see her on stage and meet her in person! With out further adieu please meet Tammy, a mom and fitness competitor…
1. What is your name and age?
Tammy Lynn Ewing – 37
2. What inspired you to get fit?
I got tired of feeling like the frumpy mom. So I followed the hot mom to the gym:)
3. Describe yourself in three words.
4. What keeps you motivated to live the healthy life?
The desire to compete. It keeps me on track and keeps me to busy to ever get that far behind.
5. What time of the day do you workout and why?
10am after kid drop off and morning errands
6. How do you balance life, work, training and family?
Family comes first but fitness is the rest of my time. I’m not taking on any other projects while trying to compete and that helps a lot.
7. What do you for fun?
We watch movies a lot and we have all of our children’s activities to enjoy!
8. What do you think is the biggest misconception about women in fitness?
That they don’t eat. I eat a ton!
9. What is your favorite body part to exercise?
Shoulders, I love the way I look with good shoulders.
10. If you had to pick three key exercises – what would they be and why?
Shoulder presses, weighted lunges and jack knives. They really give me a good overall tone feel.
11. If you compete, what excites you the most about competing?
The feeling of accomplishment. The feeling of striving for a goal and reaching it and showing my children they can reach for the stars too.
12. What is the best advice you can give someone that is considering entering the competition arena?
Do it! It’s a great goal to work towards to, it keeps you healthy and there’s a lot of fun to be had along the way!
13. What are the three things you always have in your gym bag?
Water, gloves and headphones.
14. What is your favorite cheat “treat”?
Chocolate chip protein bars
15. Anything else you would like us to know?
I’m a fun loving wife and mom who decided to embark on a new crazy goal and if I can do it, so can you!
Photo credits: Noel Daganta Photography
I hope you enjoyed this interview of Tammy! Mom and a fitness competitor